Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poll Post

I'm writing this post simply as a means for people to tell me their "other" from the poll to the right.

The idea of a bucket list is something I haven't come to terms with.
I'm randomly reminded of a song line:
"You can like the life you're livin'- You can live the life you like"

I don't know that I want to give myself a list to complete. I'd hate to take my final breath knowing that I made a checklist that I didn't complete... The Ultimate Procrastinator.

I'm going to like the life I'm living... not work so damn hard to meet my own expectations. If you are anything like me then your expectations for yourself are exponentially higher than your expectations of anyone else in the world. The pope could get away with pissing in the holy water before i'd let myself off the hook for a speeding ticket.

Thats my position... but honestly, the expectations happen on their own. They don't consult our
conscious before becoming an ingrained fiat. So which ones have weaseled their way onto your list?

Hit the polls!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I want to learn to live my life - not seeking, not wishing , not regreting,...but being. Experiencing what it means to just be. No expectations. Expectations are about the future andthe past..I want to find peace in the now. A different way to live, for sure!

Mary Conklin said...

I'm intrigued. I feel 99% sure that my mom wrote that comment... My Zen Madre...

Anonymous said...

Zenonymom is smiling...:)

And is hoping that you haven't floated away down river in your laundry baskets - becasue she is guessing that the baskets were not empty.

Anonymous said...

Zenonymom is smiling...

And is too old to figure out this bloggin thing.

Unknown said...

To change the world.

Anonymous said...

You are way too hard on yourself!!!

I wish that you had the ability to step back and see M Foshee C the way that others can see her:

Beautiful, Intelligent, Witty, Hilarious, Sarcastic, Fearless, Vocal, Bold, Full of Life, Vigorous...

yet too Self-deprecating and too Self-critical...

I think the key to anybody's happiness is realizing how loved they are. Your family and your true friends already love you unconditionally. Let that much sink in, M Foshee C. You are precious in our sight!!!