Thursday, August 21, 2008

Art #1


I'll put up a painting or two of mine everyonce in awhile when I can't think of anything else to write... So this one I did about 6 months ago. I had a doctors appt. at the Papp Clinic in Newnan, Ga. where i'm from and saw a painting kinda like this on the wall. Black background with lots of colored glass bottles. I loved it because my sister, Sarah, and I were doing our new living room in black/white/and bright, bold, solid colors. Unfortunately, like all other art, it was priced at 5 times its value. A canvas costs about 4 bucks if you don't get Rolex brand and paints are expensive but they last... I can't imagine ever being so confident in myself that I could charge someone 20 times what it cost me to make something to buy it... but thats just me. Is it? Anyway, I got the classic- "just make something like it yourself!"- from my family. We went to Florida recently where I saw a gorgeous, complex glass chandelier for $150. My mom told me to make it myself. A freaking chandelier! I don't want to be troubled... call me lazy but I haven't the energy! I just wanted the one that was already made! How many problems would be solved by winning the lottery?


Then again, How many problems would arise from having that kind of financial freedom. We could get into a lot of trouble...


Anyway, I'm glad I did the painting myself. The bottles don't look at all realistic but they are in my style. Plus, it got me back into painting which has been a nice escape and more importantly a way to pass the time when I'm anxiously waiting for Adult Swim to start up... ;)


Enjoy!

No comments: